What should I bring to the dealership when I’m ready to buy or lease?
What To Bring To The Dealership When You’re Ready To Buy Or Lease in Sumter, SC
If you’ve decided that you’re ready to drive home that Toyota model you’ve been eyeing for awhile, then you’re probably very excited. And we’re excited for you! However, to help the process to go smoothly, there are a few things that are important to bring with you to the dealership. We made a list for you below. Read on to find out how make the purchasing process a breeze when you buy or lease from Scott Will Toyota or any other dealership.
- Your driver’s license: You’ll want to make sure you’ve got your driver’s license for proper identification when filling out the paperwork. However, it’s possible that the dealership might already have your license on file if you’ve taken the vehicle for a test-drive before.
- Your Social Security number: If you don’t have it memorized, bring your social security card with you. Even if you plan to buy the vehicle immediately without financing, the dealer will still need your Social for tax purposes. Almost all financial transactions valued at over $10,000 need to be reported to the IRS.
- Proof of car insurance: You can’t buy a car without this crucial piece of paper. All 50 states have laws that require drivers to have some kind of insurance because it protects everyone on the road.
- Your wallet: You’ll need to be prepared to pay for the vehicle in some way, whether you choose financing, cash, cashier’s check or credit card. There are many payment options available, and depending on how much your car is worth, it would be helpful to figure out the best way to pay for your vehicle ahead of time. When leasing, you’ll typically have to make some kind of a down payment on the vehicle.
- Proof of employment, residence and salary: Depending on your credit rating, you may need to bring these proofs with you.
- A few hours to fill out all of the paperwork: This can be a lengthy process, especially when you’re applying for financing.
- A trade-in appraisal: An appraisal on your vehicle will usually be performed at the dealership that you’re trading it in to. Most of the time, an appraisal will be good for up to three days.
- Your old car’s title: Once you trade in your car, you’ll have to turn in the old title of your car since you’re releasing ownership of the vehicle.
And if you’re trading in your old car:
If you’re planning on purchasing or leasing a new vehicle in Sumter, SC, drop by Scott Will Toyota of Sumter at 2542 Broad St., Sumter, SC 29150 for a test-drive. We look forward to serving our customers from Cherryvale, Britton, Mayesville and Ashwood!